Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Time means Change" embrace it


Today was a very busy day for me. I woke up a little later than usual because my body was hurting from my run on Thursday but I felt good about it. It was funny but as I was getting dressed this morning I looked down and noticed my stomach went down more than the last time I looked. I felt so good and I was proud of myself.

I sat down at my laptop and opened it up to my homepage and saw that MSN is having a success stories entry category for those who have had weight lost. I decided to enter and sat for the next two hours and wrote my story about my life. I added information about my business and how important I believe my business is for others. I will be anxiously awaiting to see how that turns out.

I had my sorority sister find me today on Face Book. She made me feel so good because she said she looked for Sandra Bailey Kelley everywhere and she kept seeing my picture but didn't recognize me. She finally took a chance and went ahead and responded. I posted a picture of myself from college so that she could recognize me. It is a feeling that I always wanted. I was so tired of hearing people say to me when I was obese that I had such a pretty face. It was if nothing else on me existed. Bu now people notice all of me. It is a great feeling but also a scary one. It is a feeling of nakedness. If I would have had a normal teenage years it would have been a regular part of my women hood, but I skipped over all of that. At age 37 I am just now experiencing these feelings.

But Time Means Change and I'm am embracing it. I understand it's OK to listen to people tell me I'm beautiful, it's OK to feel good about myself, it's wonderful to dream and even better to know that all my suffering will assist someone else. I don't want them to feel the pain I felt. The best way for me to help is to share my testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment