Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Family First


As we celebrated Martin Luther King Jr. this week, I was awestruck when I found this picture. We often see Martin away from home, helping others, serving others and doing for others. But what we need to remember is that family should always comes first.

Loosing weight allowed many doors to first open in my mindset, then open in my life. I developed the self confidence to move forward on my dreams. I was physically able to do what I wasn't able to do before. My life now enables me to volunteer at my church, complete my Masters in Education, and I working on a second Masters in Addiction now. I home school my son and have my business T.O.U.C.H. 52:11. There are many who say Sandra you're doing too much, or Sandra you shouldn't drag your son everywhere you go. But I always remember the love and structure I put in my life, is the love and structure he will put in his.

The above picture shows the love MLK had for his family. So for all of you single parents, don't let other's tell you that you shouldn't pursue your dreams and your visions. You are creating a strength in your children that will never be erased.

No comments:

Post a Comment