Thursday, January 7, 2010

Leaving the old me, and learning to love the new me



As I think about the old me( the picture of me in the green is at 405 lbs) and the new me. I become sad about all the time that I wasted. I wasn't able to be a cheerleader, or run during field day, or have a boyfriend in school like all of my other friends. My activities were limited and I had no confidence in myself. I held all of my hurtful emotions in and never expressed how much I was hurting.

I prayed to look the way I do now. I still have 450 mind moments in which I forget that I have lost so much weight. I must remind myself when I go out that people are looking at me because they like what they see not because they are disgusted by my over stretched body. Even as I look at my new body, I am learning who I am. I have never been the size I am now and it is taking time for me to appreciate my waist, hips and especially my curves. As a women you begin to learn how to love your curves beginning in high school. I woke up one day and had them!! It's is a journey that is new for me everyday and I pray I am handling it with dignity and class.

For all of you that are trying to learn yourself through your transition, take it day by day. Appreciate the moments and Love Yourself!!!

2 comments:

  1. girl i love what you got going on but it takes love to do what you do.. keep it up...

    never stop...

    all it takes is love:-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Verstehen, you are right it's love. I want everybody to understand that you must love yourself first before you begin to reconstruct yourself.

    ReplyDelete