Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day!!!


What a beautiful day!! My son woke me this morning and was excited about playing in the snow. It worked really well for us because we are studying Science today for his studies and it worked hand in hand. I made him put on two pants, shirts, socks, a scarf, gloves, hat and a coat!! He had me laughing because all he said he couldn't breathe because of all the clothes!! But I followed suit and did the same and dressed in multiple clothes. But as I was getting dressed I was so happy that I could wear two pants at one time.

When I was obese I wouldn't be able to do that. I would have gone outside and been cold. Once outside we played with one another, threw snowballs and just had fun. I am grateful that I am able to do these things with him, that I am still here, that I have the energy, that I can bend over to pick up the snow without being uncomfortable. Every day is a good day. I am hurting today from my 4 miles that I ran yesterday but it feels good to know I accomplished it.

Remember what it felt like when you were a child when it snowed? Feel that again and go outside if only for a minute and enjoy the beauty of the day!!

2 comments:

  1. Mom I remember this, it was such a fun day. I love seeing the cats in the snow. It was fun playig snow ball fight with you. i wish we could have stayed out longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know sweetheart I agree. I love doing things with you. Remember I told you the best part was #1 seeing the beauty of what God has done even in the small things and #2 us doing things together. We have many more things to do. Mommie love you!!

    ReplyDelete