Saturday, March 27, 2010

Riverdale speaking engagement



What a wonderful speaking engagement I had today. The women who attended made the most important step to improving their health, they came to the event. Whether they realize the huge step they made or not, the first crucial step to recreating your life is to "simply begin".

I spoke about the issues I went through, the hurt, pain and embarrassment of my past obesity. I spoke about the broken tubs I would cause because of the sheer mass of my weight, how I couldn't wear a seat belt, I had sleep apnea and so forth. The women felt comfortable and were able to ask questions, talk about their issues and what their struggles were.

I gave them helpful hints on improving first their mindset and how to then move onto other areas of their life. It is such a joy to help others see themselves in a more enlighten state. I thank God for the opportunity to share my story and to give back to my community. I will always take the time to reach back with free informational sessions so that those who need assistance are able to receive it. I often think back to when I was 450 pounds, I wanted to have someone to speak to me one on one about their experience and how they were able to do it. I didn't have the funds to reach out to those who were outspoken about their weight lost, so I always promised myself I would help those who needed me yet weren't able to afford my services.

It's important to give back the gift that God gave me, therefore,
lets TOUCH the world together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment