Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fun on the beach!!!



To close summer out I decided to surprise my son with a trip to Florida. I gave him a kiss put him on the school bus and sent him to school on a Friday. What he didn't know, was that all week I waited until he went to sleep and packed our clothes, and made arrangements for our trip. It was special for me because he was turning 10 years old. It has always been my dream to take Malcolm to the beach. So once he was on the bus I drove to the rental car place rented a car and went to pick him up at school by 8:30am. He was shocked to see me it was great!!

We left the school and drove to Florida. We stayed with my sorority sister Shana and the next day drove to Tampa and spent the day at the beach. It was wonderful to watch my son put his feet in the ocean for the first time. He was nervous and a little unsure, but after about 3 minutes he was hooked!! He stayed in the ocean the rest of the day.

We also walked the beach, collected sea shells, talked and walked the pier. It was relaxing and I truly thank God for the opportunity to give him a birthday surprise he will never forget.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALCOLM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment