Sunday, August 22, 2010

What does a Stop Sign mean to you?


This is how I saw an issue in my life that I couldn't face. We all have have things in our life that we try to go around, not address, and play as though it doesn't exist. I am no different. There was something in my life that I tried to remove emotionally for the last four years, yet I wouldn't let it go. I couldn't deal with the emotion, and I couldn't face the truth.

The situation was something that caused such hurt and depression that I never addressed it. It was a straight link to my over eating. To be sure I didn't over eat I would ignore the problem. It was also the elephant in the room, but I ignored it.

The stop sign represents where I am in my life now. My former thought process would have seen this stop sign and I would not have moved any further. But accepting that God has NO limits, I can look past the stop sign and begin to wonder what is beyond, what am I missing, what is out there for me that is waiting on me to explore.

In life if you have a "stop sign" in your life that represents excuses, bad relationships, hurt, pain, addiction whatever it is, make sure you look beyond and allow yourself to wonder what else is out there just for you.

Sometimes the stop sign is there to help you let go of your past so that you can move to your future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment